Merging two Timetastic accounts - bringing all the data under a single account.
Although we don't offer a way to merge accounts automatically, it's a fairly straightforward process to do manually. Here's the way we'd suggest you do it:
- Decide which account is the destination account and which one you're going to close (the source)
- Make sure you have admin details for both accounts.
- Take a backup of both accounts so you've got a complete copy of the data as it was before anything changed.
- Check privacy mode is set correctly for the destination - if you're changing it from the source then you'll need to be aware of what's different.
- Add any missing leave types from the source to the destination account.
- Set up the departments from the source in the destination.
- Add any bank holidays or custom locations you're missing in the destination.
- Archive your users in the source account - this will retain their data so you can check it but free up their email address.
- Upload your users from the source into the destination.
- Set your new approvers and department managers.
- Input any historical leave for the new users.
- You can now check all is okay and provided the data looks good invite your new users to reset their passwords. If anything is wrong, you can refer to the backup you took to find out the correct settings or data to change.
- If you had a Slack integration or any other Calendar integrations on the source, now's the time to re-set those up. Any user specific calendar feeds will need re-adding by the users too, as the old ones won't work any more.
- Once you're completely happy, cancel your source account. Be aware that your data is deleted instantly when you do this. Make sure you're absolutely certain you want to do this before continuing.