Group Bookings allow you to book time off for a full department or your entire organisation in one go.
This is particularly useful for company shut downs, additional days around Christmas and holiday periods and training days.
They differ from Public Holidays in that a Public Holiday is applied company wide and never deducts from an employees annual allowance.
In contrast, when making a Group Booking you can choose the leave type e.g. Annual Leave, Meeting, Shut Down, Meeting and it'll deduct from each employees allowance as appropriate.
How to Complete a Group Booking:
Admin Users can make group bookings for any or all Departments
Department Bosses can make a group booking for their Department only.
The process is identical to booking for an individual:
- Click to book time off as normal.
- In the "Who For?" drop down, scroll to the bottom of the list and choose the appropriate department.
- Book as normal.
- Because an Admin User completes the action all the dates are automatically approved and employees notified by email.
- The group booking will only put the time off in for employees that work normally on that day/ period and, where appropriate have available allowance.
- It will NOT overwrite any existing time off e.g. if someone has already booked a day off which deducted a day from their annual allowance, group booking a meeting will not replace the existing booking.
- If the group booking requires a deduction from annual allowance and an employee doesn't have any remaining then the group booking will not apply to them. You would have to give them more allowance and re-book for that employee.