When you first signup to Timetastic you are the administrator - you get to see everything. Fear not, your staff members will see less of the confidential/ private information.
Administrators can see everything, do everything. This includes:
- Setup of the system
- Adding and amending billing
- View / approve/ decline pending leave requests for any employee, and deleting historical time off.
- Seeing all employee's annual leave
- Amending and defining annual leave for employees or departments
- Cancel the account
Typically a company will have one or two admin users, some larger accounts (in excess of 100 employees) will have 3 or 4.
A normal user has the following restrictions:
- They will not see the 'Settings' or 'Users' menu items
- Can't change their annual leave entitlement
- Can't cancel any bookings that are in the past - they can cancel their future bookings
- Can't see other employees annual allowances or summarised calendar information
Department bosses and approvers:
A department boss or approver is someone nominated to approve leave for a given department or person. They don't get to see the settings pages, but they do get to see how many days their employees have left.
Department bosses can also see 'Users' from the main menu but their access is restricted to only those in their department.
You will also find an option for Privacy Modes in SETTINGS > GENERAL.
With 'Hide Leave Types' switched to 'HIDDEN' the Leave Type information is made private so that it's only viewable by:
- An Employee's Approver
- Their Department Boss
- Any Admin User
So anyone can see that a given person is off work, but unless they are one of the above, they won't know WHY they are off.